Monday, March 19, 2007

On Hating Math, Loving English and Being Completely Discouraged with Education

Math is an extra terrestrial language. Speak it to me and I will stare at you blankly. I have never been a fan of numbers and never will be. It's all a giant fucking enigma. Some people are blessed with the ability to tune into and interpret the language. That isn't me. Negative, positive, divide into, subtract from; It is as much of a problem for me to understand and translate as it is for me to solve on paper. I always failed math classes in school. To me, it is like placing a foreign kid in an English speaking class. He stares off into space, slowly trying to piece together the puzzle of education. It's just not my bag.

English, however, was what saved me in school. The words seemed to roll off my brain and splatter onto paper. My mind worked as a creative mechanism that produced only the finest organic thoughts. I feel the need to fertilize this garden of articulate growth thoroughly with century old words and mental works of art. With time, the harvest becomes plentiful and could feel thousands of pages. The pages can only sprout in strength and will eventually form a linguistic army that will battle the evils of the world. Well, I hope so anyway.

So be fearful, my loyal readers, for one day this will come true. My novels, stories and poems will reach the masses and provide food for thought to the lost; To the people in my generation and younger. I dream of being the voice that aids the forgotten youth. I urge you to spread my words and over looked wisdom. Tell those you know you have found someone unafraid. I am ready to fire at will with a ball point and my trigger will be literature. My aim is on our world, locked and loaded.